Education Professional Publications & Conferences
2015 – Present | User Experience Lead | SAP Hybris, Canada
2015 – 2015 | User Experience Senior | Telus, Canada
2011 – 2014 | Business Analyst, Product Manager, Customer Experience Manager | Payza (former AlertPay), Canada
2005 – 2010 | HCI Professor | Centro Universitário UNIEURO, Brazil
2008 | Publication | Portal Mundo Acadêmico: Conteúdo acadêmico público e de qualidade | Revista UNIEURO de Tecnologia da Informação. V1 N1 (2008). Disponível na URL: http://www.unieuro.edu.br/revista_ruti.asp
2007 – 2008 | Interaction Designer | Ministry of Education – Distance Learning Secretary, Brazil
2007 | 1st International School on Methodologies and Tools for Human-computer Interaction, Brazil | Participated in a course on semiotic engineering and formal methods to human computer interaction
2007 | Publication | Observatório Brasileiro de Informações sobre Drogas (OBID): tecnologias para construção de portais Inclusão Social; Vol. 2, No. 1 (2007). URL: http://www.ibict.br/revistainclusaosocial
2006 – 2007 | Interaction Designer & Experience Designer | Presidency of Republic – National Anti-Drugs Secretary, Observatory for Drug’s Information, Brazil
2004 – 2007 | Interaction Designer & Information Architect | Ministry of Education – High Education Secretary, Brazil
2005 – 2005 | Information Architect | Presidency of Republic – National Anti-Drugs Secretary, Observatory for Drug’s Information, Brazil
2004 | International Conference on Virtual Reality, Laval virtual, France
Presented doctoral research results
2004 | Publication | Desenvolvimento e Avaliação de Sistemas de Realidade Virtual no Cenário Brasileiro: Preocupações com o projeto de interação com o usuário (Poster)
SBC SVR, São Paulo, SP, 2004.
2004 | Publication | Evaluation of VR Systems: More Usable Interactions
IEEE VRIC, Proceedings, Laval, France, 2004, p.241-249. Apresentação da Realidade Virtual como nova ferramenta de representação e criação para arquitetura e urbanismo. PEREIRA, Alice T. Cybis; LIMA, Eveline Kracik Moritz; TISSIANI, Gabriela; PUPO, Regiane Trevisan; BOCIANOSKI, Irla. Anais do IV Congresso Ibero-Americano de Gráfica Digital. Rio de Janeiro, 2000.
2000 | Publication | Institute of Advanced Studies Virtual Tour. LUZ, Rodolfo; REBELO, Irla; CHONG, NG. 3rd Workshop on Virtual Reality, October 2000, Gramado, Brazil.
1999- 2004 | Doctor in Production Engineering | Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
2000 – 2001 | Researcher Fulbright Visiting Scientist | Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Advanced Educational Services,Hypermedia Teaching Facility, EUA
1999 | Publication | Simulação do Espaço Urbano Através da RV para o Desenvolvimento e Análise de Projetos. REBELO, Irla B.; LUZ, Rodolfo P. ICVA, Primer Congreso Virtual de Arquitectura, Dez 1999. Venezuela.
1999 | United Nation University, Institute of Advanced Studies, Japan
Developed 3D model for a virtual reality system
1998 | Publication | New Technologies Helps to Enhance the Knowledge – Oscar Niemeyer Project. Rebelo, I; Baggio, M; Luz, R. 4 th International Conference on Virtual System and Multimedia VSSM98 – FutureFusion Application Realities for Virtual Age, 1998 Japan.
1997-1999 | Master in Production Engineering | Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
1996 – 2004 | Human Computer Interaction Researcher | Federal University of Santa Catarina, Virtual Reality Laboratory, Brazil
1992-1997 | Architect and Urbanism | Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
SIGCHI Reviewer and Mentor | Volunteer | (SIGCHI is the premier international society for professionals, academics and students in human-technology & human-computer interaction). Reviewed submitted works as a member of the conference’s revision committees for UIST (2009), CSCW (2010), IEEE Visualization Conference (2005) and CHI (2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008)
Member of Revision Committee for EBAI (2007) | Volunteer| Member of Revision Committee Program of SVR (2004) and Member of Scientific Committee for SIGGRAD/Caracas (2002)
What to expect from me:
- Expert with over 10 years working in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and its related areas such as user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, prototype, usability, interface, test, evaluation and image editing
- Professional in Design Methods: ideation, affinity diagramming, scenarios, personas, information architecture, user-centred design, task analysis, mental models, conceptual maps and diagrams
- Specialized in Editing and Prototyping: interface and layout design, digital illustration, imaging edition, logo creation, video editing, wireframes, sketching, paper prototyping and experience prototyping
- Proficient in User Research, Tests and Evaluation: contextual inquiry, focus group, experience sampling method, survey design & data analysis, ethnography, heuristic analysis, cognitive walkthrough and usability testing
- Ability to work with 3D environments, games, information and education systems
- Expert in CS4 Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, ImageReady, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and CorelDraw
- Accomplished skills in MSVisio, DreamWeaver, Gimp, OpenOffice, Discreet 3D Studio Max and HTML
- Analytical, logical and objective oriented in order to achieve best results; methodical, proactive and creative to generate feasible ideas; fast learner, multi-tasking and flexible as the area demands
- Languages: English, French and Portuguese